GDAMS 2022: April 13 to May 12
War in Ukraine is boosting militarism across the world, and military spending increases are expected/have been announced in many countries. But we believe this conflict proves quite the opposite: we need to defund war and start investing in peace and common & human security…
Join us for the 11th edition of the Global Days of Action on Military Spending from April 13 to May 12. Protest military budgets & warmongering, and take action for peace & justice!
These dates include:
– April 13: GDAMS Launch Event (online)
– April 18: Tax Day in the U.S.
– April 21: Launching of the Common Security Agenda 2022
– April 22: SCRAP Weapons Webinar: After the Assault on Ukraine: Strategies for Reducing Military Expenditure
– April 25: GDAMS press conferences and social media storm on the occasion of SIPRI’s release of new data on military spending
– May 3: AFSC’s Budget Advocacy Training: Demilitarize the Budget.
– May 9: Europe’s Day of Peace · Actions against the militarization of the European Union
– May 10 to 12: Actions against the militarization of the Asia-Pacific region
And many more actions… Check out our map of events!
How can you get involved?
If you’re part of an organization:
- Prepare your own GDAMS actions or join other organizations. Once you know the details please send us an email to email@example.com. We’ll add them to our map and help you disseminate them.
- Endorse our 2022 Appeal ‘Give Peace a Budget‘. A list of endorsing organizations will be made public on April 25. You can read it and sign it here.
- Press conferences on April 25 will be a highlight one more year. We’ll analyse the new data on military spending released that day by SIPRI and spread our message. If you want to prepare a press conference in your city/country, reach to us and we’ll help you plan it.
- Be part of our Social Media Storm on April 25.
- Share images, ideas, articles, actions and comments with the GCOMS network through social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). Keep the conversation alive!
As an individual:
- Do Online Campaigning: join our social media storm on April 25; use your social media to protest military budgets by sharing pictures, news, materials and actions;
More instructions will follow soon!
- Sign the Global Peace Dividend petition.
- Join a local group working on the issue, or set one up! Here’s our list of partners.