Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki: An Online Gathering to Call for a World Free From Nuclear Weapons
August 5, 2020 | 12:00 pm Central Europe/ 7:00 pm Japan
Join the IPB and esteemed speakers for an online gathering to remember and reflect on the atomic bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki 75 years ago. In commemorating the past, we are simultaneously outlining a plan for the future – one that includes the complete abolition of nuclear weapons. Speakers will share what the anniversary means to them, how it has influenced their lives and work, and how every individual can contribute to the campaign to ensure that the atrocities that occurred in Hiroshima and Nagasaki are never repeated.
- Noam Chomsky, social and political activist, by video recording
- Masako Wada, Nagasaki Hibakusha and Assistant Secretary General of Hidankyo
- Daniel Högsta, Campaign Coordinator of the International Campaign Against Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
- Sara Medi Jones, Campaigner for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) and IPB Council Member
- Owen Tudor, Deputiy General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
Moderated by Lisa Clark, IPB Co-President
To register, send an email to email@example.com with your name and affiliation.