Statement by Escuelas de Paz
A statement for life and demilitarization of bodies, minds and territories in South Colombia
Schools of Peace Foundation, as an organization committed to peacebuilding, peace education development and territorial peace transformations, calls on respect for the life of our community leaders, youngsters, adolescents, boys and girls.
We consider necessary to make visible what happens in Colombia and to create sensitive and protective actions in order to decrease affectation and effects on minds, hearts and bodies of people who inhabit the territories and on the construction of individual and collective life plans.
We are convinced ceasefire is completely necessary. Militaristic path will never mean security for communities and culture of violence possible transformations will be given by paths of education, non- violence, creativity and public pedagogy that builds collectively:
- We recognize peacebuilding work done in territories, community processes that support people who inhabit each municipality, bonds that allow us to rebuild ourselves in presence of violent historic events, the affection and trust that moves around renew and restore social fabric .
- We condemn and reject acts of war against civil society, youngsters, adolescents, boys and girls.
- We reject youngsters, adolescents, boys and girls forced conscription; we consider there are not any motive for them to participate directly or indirectly in war.
- We reject State lack of measures in a situation of systematic assassinations of social leaders that has also involved their family’s lives.
- We call on the continuation of dialogues, reflections and collective actions that allow us to build other possibilities together.
As an organization active present in South Colombia territories, once again we join social leaders, youngsters, adolescents, boys and girls !!!!
Download it as a pdf
You can find it in Spanish here