GDAMS Selfie Campaign
WHERE WOULD YOU MOVE MONEY FROM MILITARY SPENDING TO?
The world going crazy. Military spending in 2018 reached $1.82 trillion. Many governments are planning increases in military budgets together with cuts in health, education and development cooperation. Given the numerous crises facing the planet — economic, environmental, health, diplomatic — it is imperative that we take action to redirect global military expenditure to fulfill human needs. We know that there are thousands of organisations and millions of individuals who support this point of view – what is needed is a mobilising effort to make it visible. That is, to take action.
IF I HAD $ 1.82 TRILLION, I WOULD MOVE THE MONEY TO…
The IPB GDAMS team is launching this selfie campaign to create public awareness about what the money invested in increasing military spending could be used for instead.
People are requested to share their opinions using the line ‘#MoveTheMoney to’
- Should governments move the money from the military sector to help fight climate change?
- To provide education for everyone?
- To ensure health insurance to all citizens?
- To provide humanitarian aid?
- Publish your selfie and tag us on Twitter @DemilitarizeDay, on Facebook @demilitarizeday , or on Instagram @gcoms
- or send us your selfie to Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org