GCOMS Workshop at the AEPF (Asia Europe People’s Forum) · May 17
Updated May 18: You can watch the recording of this session here.
Defund the Military · Defend People and the Planet
This session explores and challenges how nation-states attempting to out-compete one another in destructive military powers waste resources that should be used for meeting human and environmental needs. This workshop will serve as a closing for this year’s GDAMS and it’ll include an analysis and perspectives from different GCOMS members and colaborators from Asia and Europe. It’ll be a space where activists that work for the reduction of military expenditures can meet, and share strategies and good practices.
- Colin Archer – Former IPB secretary general and GCOMS founder · United Kingdom
- Francesco Vignarca – Rete Italiana Pace e Disarmo · Italy
- Meri Joyce – Peace Boat · Japan
- Binalakshmi Nepram – IPB & Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network India
- Reiner Braun – IPB Director General · Germany + No to NATO
- Laetitia Sedou – European Network Agains the Arms Trade (ENAAT) · EU
- Matt Fawcett – GCOMS UK Coalition · United Kingdom
- Youngah Lee – People’s Solidarity for a Participatory Democracy (PSPD) · S Korea
- Stefan Nieuwinckel – Pax Christi Vlaanderen · Belgium
- Karen King – Stop Fuelling War · France
Moderators will be: Cora Fabros (AEPF & IPB) and Quique Sánchez (IPB/GCOMS & Centre Delàs)
You can find more information about the Forum and its full programme here.