GDAMS Steering Committee
The members of the GDAMS International Steering Committee (in alphabetic order) are:
- Abjata Khalif, Kenya, Kenya Pastoralist Journalist Network
- Alba Centeno, Colombia, International Alert
- Albert Caramés, Spain
- Alexander Harang, Norway, Norges Fredslag
- Celin Nahory, Japan, Peace Boat
- Corazon Fabros, Philippines, Stop the War! Coalition
- Cyrille Rolande, France, Irenees
- Dave Webb, UK, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- David Calleb Otieno, Kenya, Coalition for Constitution Implementation (CCI)
- Denis Doherty, Australia, Independent and Peaceful Australia Network
- Edwina Hughes, New Zeeland, Peace Movement Aotearoa
- Francesco Vignarca, Italy, Rete Italiana per il Disarmo
- Jerome Peraya, Belgium, Agir pour la Paix
- Jordi Calvo, Spain, Delàs Center for Peace Studies
- Joseph Gerson, U.S.A., American Friends Service Committee
- Luke Addison, UK, Peace Activist
- Moses Adedeji, Nigeria, Trees on earth Nigeria
- Nathalie Gauchet, France, Mouvement de la Paix
- Panos Trigazis, Greece, Observatory of International Organizations and Globalization (PADOP)
- Reiner Braun, Germany, International Peace Bureau
The first meeting of the GDAMS 2017 Steering Committee was held on February 14, 2017.
New coordination team for GCOMS and GDAMS.
The GCOMS and GDAMS coordination team is located, as a decentralized office of IPB, at the Center of Peace Studies J. M. Delàs in Barcelona, Spain. The team (from left to right in the picture) consists of:
- Audrey Esnault (project manager)
- Pere Ortega (President of Delàs Center)
- Jordi Calvo (IPB Vice -President and coordinator of the Delàs Center)
- Anna Montull (Social network & Web community manager at the Delàs Center)
- Giulia Campanile, Peace researcher and activist
- Pere Brunet, Peace researcher and activist
The Center of Peace Studies – J. M. Delàs, is an organization specialized in peace and disarmament and in particular, military expenditure among other issues. The mission of the Centre is to strengthen the culture of peace and the construction of a disarmed society, making people aware of the negative effects of arms and militarism. The Centre combines the work of research and publication with divulgation and social mobilization against militarism’s consequences, such as military expenditure, military R&D and the manufacture and trade of arms. Besides, it works to denounce governments’ lack of compliance with the international agreements regulating these issues. It is collaborator of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) and is a member of the European Network Against Arms Trade, the ENAAT (European Network Against Arms Trade), the Spanish Association of Research for Peace (AIPAZ) and the International University for Peace of Sant Cugat. Besides, through Justice and Peace, it is part of the Catalan NGOs Federation for Peace.
With the help of participants, the GCOMS and GDAMS coordination team the Center of Peace Studies – J. M. Delàs is committed to generate a successful campaign to promote military expenditure into public discourses and to reduce military expenditure all over the world.
You will find other contact details at the bottom of the GCOMS webpage.
This year more than ever TAKE ACTION to cut military spending!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us through the website or email email@example.com.